For those of you who have not yet seen these pictures here are a few highlights from our trip to Ireland. What a huge blessing it was to be a part of such a cool event. Downhere played in the Odyssey Arena – the largest venue in Northern Ireland – and opened for Chris Tomlin! It was such a great night and I am so thankful I got to soak in that experience. It was a bit stressful for me as we lost our largest merch suitcase on the way to the event so we didn’t have all that we wanted to hopefully sell to 3,500+ people. But I had joyful merch volunteers and we sold out of all our Wide-Eyed CD’s. AND I just loved having that responsibility that evening even though we didn’t have all our merch. I am so thankful for my job and loved watching the guys give their all to a crowd who ended up loving them by their second song… and who, by the end of the night, enjoyed Chris Tomlin’s set, but raved about downhere’s set. God is good and he was glorified that night and I got to see him use these guys to make his name known in N.I.
We did get a day after the concert to sightsee around the coast. Here are a few pictures from the 4 days we had there. This was my first time so I couldn’t take enough pictures!
Well, our good friend Krista captured this wonderful moment Friday night in Muskegon, MI. I’m not sure what to say – I know I make faces when I play, but I had no idea they were this bad! Wow…
“Week in Review” – that sounds pretty lame, really. I’ll have to come up with some clever title for this like Grandpa’s “Weakly Note” – any suggestions, Grandpa? I’m obviously having a hard time hitting the Monday deadline, aren’t I!! As usual, we’ve had a pretty full schedule since I last posted. Let me “break it down” for you:
- Last Friday we drove BACK to Nashville and flew to California where downhere performed at Spirit West Coast in Monterey on Saturday. On Sunday we did a concert in Roseville, CA and then flew back home (finally!) on Monday.
- Tuesday we went to see the Bourne Ultimatum (I’m a big Jason Bourne fan – you can read more about the movie here).
- Wednesday Erin did a Cinderella party in the AM, then we had lunch with some friends of downhere who had travelled in from various places (VA and MI, mostly), and then I was wrapped up in meetings the rest of the afternoon.
- Thursday was spent getting ready to leave town again for 10 days. Erin worked at her part time job and I ran around getting errands taken care of – it was a pretty busy day (and not enjoyable in 100+ degree heat!) and we finished it off with dinner with two other couples from church – so that was great.
- Friday we got up at 2:45am (I’m shaking my head as I type this) to drive to Michigan to play at a festival with Leeland, Jars of Clay, Casting Crowns, and others. Erin’s going to post some pictures from the day, and you can read some of my post about the day here as well (we nicknamed them “Jars of Thigh” for the night – need I say more??).
That should be it – we’re headed to Ireland next week so it will be probably much more interesting. Hopefully we’ll get some down time next week – I’m really feeling like I’m needing it. So we’ll see…
Well, I told Erin I would do my best to do a weekly post on Mondays about what we’ve done during the past week, and I already missed my first post. How did Thursday get here so stinkin’ fast?!?
I’ll tell you how… we have been trying hard to just keep things together in the last little bit. Here are some of the noteables from the past week (and a bit):
- we went for dinner to The Melting Pot which was a wonderful experience – a first for both of us to this particular restaurant, and a reminder that we need to pull our fondue pot out of the closet! (Read a more detailed post about our night out here.)
- Thursday we (Erin, myself, and the band) flew to Seattle, WA where we arrived around midnight and stayed with some friends there
- Friday we drove out to Quincy, WA and performed at Creation West. What a GORGEOUS venue (I’m sure Erin will post some pictures from the day soon). The day was definitely slammed – we were on the run all day – but it was fun to share it with Erin’s parents who drove out from Montana to spend the day with us. We arrived back in the Seattle area by 1am or so to stay with some other friends.
- Saturday we got to sleep in a little bit before Glenn, Erin and I went for a run on a beautiful riverside trail in the Redmond area. Erin had one of her better runs, and Glenn and I did 7 miles at a 7:58 (min/mi) pace – the fastest run I’ve done at that pace for that distance in a long time. We performed Saturday night in a coffeeshop in downtown Seattle where we were surprised by a visit from two of my best friends (groomsmen at my wedding) Wes Morris and Mike Guenter, who drove down from Vancouver. So we were up until 1:15am that night just hanging out and visiting with them.
- Sunday we played three times at Overlake Church – twice in the morning services and once in the evening – before rushing off to the airport and flying through the night back to Nashville, arriving at 8am Monday morning. We were picked up from the airport and drove directly to Lookout Mountain, GA where we set up to lead worship for a camp all week.
And that’s where we’ve been this week – here in GA leading worship for these kids and taking naps in between sessions trying to recover from the crazy weekend. We’re pretty much recovered – just in time to mess it all up again by flying out to CA tomorrow for the weekend. I’m going to have to squeeze in some laundry somewhere… Okay – you should hear from me around Monday again – the update will be much shorter I’m sure. Later!