Well, I told Erin I would do my best to do a weekly post on Mondays about what we’ve done during the past week, and I already missed my first post. How did Thursday get here so stinkin’ fast?!?
I’ll tell you how… we have been trying hard to just keep things together in the last little bit. Here are some of the noteables from the past week (and a bit):
- we went for dinner to The Melting Pot which was a wonderful experience – a first for both of us to this particular restaurant, and a reminder that we need to pull our fondue pot out of the closet! (Read a more detailed post about our night out here.)
- Thursday we (Erin, myself, and the band) flew to Seattle, WA where we arrived around midnight and stayed with some friends there
- Friday we drove out to Quincy, WA and performed at Creation West. What a GORGEOUS venue (I’m sure Erin will post some pictures from the day soon). The day was definitely slammed – we were on the run all day – but it was fun to share it with Erin’s parents who drove out from Montana to spend the day with us. We arrived back in the Seattle area by 1am or so to stay with some other friends.
- Saturday we got to sleep in a little bit before Glenn, Erin and I went for a run on a beautiful riverside trail in the Redmond area. Erin had one of her better runs, and Glenn and I did 7 miles at a 7:58 (min/mi) pace – the fastest run I’ve done at that pace for that distance in a long time. We performed Saturday night in a coffeeshop in downtown Seattle where we were surprised by a visit from two of my best friends (groomsmen at my wedding) Wes Morris and Mike Guenter, who drove down from Vancouver. So we were up until 1:15am that night just hanging out and visiting with them.
- Sunday we played three times at Overlake Church – twice in the morning services and once in the evening – before rushing off to the airport and flying through the night back to Nashville, arriving at 8am Monday morning. We were picked up from the airport and drove directly to Lookout Mountain, GA where we set up to lead worship for a camp all week.
And that’s where we’ve been this week – here in GA leading worship for these kids and taking naps in between sessions trying to recover from the crazy weekend. We’re pretty much recovered – just in time to mess it all up again by flying out to CA tomorrow for the weekend. I’m going to have to squeeze in some laundry somewhere… Okay – you should hear from me around Monday again – the update will be much shorter I’m sure. Later!